Title: Research Scientist
Reports to: Director, Translational Science
Department: R & D
miRagen Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company founded to harness the power of microRNA (miRNA) biology. The company combines strong in-house expertise in microRNA biology and chemistry with external partnerships and academic collaborations that leverage best-in-class technologies. Together with its strategic partners, miRagen is focused on the discovery and development of innovative microRNA-based therapeutics in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
miRagen Therapeutics is currently seeking an experienced Research Scientist to support target and drug development efforts. Primary duties include:
- Design, execute, and report key biomarker/bioanalytical data to support compound progression and translational research strategy for programs from lead identification through early clinical development
- Work with project teams to address biomarker strategy and/or biotherapeutic DMPK properties through candidate selection
- Design assays for patient stratification and/or drug response for clinical programs
- Responsible for the development and delivery of biomarker components of miRagen clinical trials, including establishing and managing relationships with CROs, protocol development, translational plans, and regulatory documents.
- Supervises research associates in the lab.
- Work effectively in a collaborative, cross-functional setting to advance development programs across the organization
- Communicate effectively with team members and colleagues, and present work at internal and external meetings
- PhD in Immunology, Cell or Molecular Biology and a minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong working knowledge in clinical biomarker development, cellular immunology and molecular biology
- Experience in autoimmunity, inflammation, and neoangiogenesis a plus
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong laboratory experience in preclinical biomarker discovery/validation and/or implementing biomarker assays in a clinical trial setting.
- Current knowledge of the design and implementation of multi-color flow cytometry-based screening experiments
- Experience implementing a broad array of platforms and technologies to support hypothesis driven biomarker discovery including qPCR, ELISA and Western Blots.
- Experience in troubleshooting, problems solving, assay development, assay qualification and analysis of clinical specimen.
- Experience managing CROs and outside vendors.
- Demonstrated creativity and independent judgment
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Experience working collaboratively with industry and academic partners
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- A track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, scientific meeting presentations, and/or technical writing
miRagen Therapeutics offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. For additional information, please visit our website at www.miragentherapeutics.com. Interested candidates should email a resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org