Title: Research Associate Department: R & D
Reports to: Research Scientist Classification: FT / Exempt
Location: Boulder, CO Last Updated: January, 2014
miRagen Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company founded to harness the power of microRNA (miRNA) biology. The company combines strong in-house expertise in microRNA biology and chemistry with external partnerships and academic collaborations that leverage best-in-class technologies. Together with its strategic partners, miRagen is focused on the discovery and development of innovative microRNA-based therapeutics in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
We continually seek highly committed individuals who have a true passion for revolutionary science and a desire to be part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties that support new target drug development. Primary responsibilities include:
- Mammalian cell culture and transient transfections;
- Executing in vivo research protocols, including surgery and anesthesia, dosing procedures (IV, SQ, ID injections), and intubation;
- Nucleic acid extraction and amplification, including QRT-PCR;
- MicroRNA detection by TaqMan assay;
- Hybridization ELISA for biodistribution analysis;
- Compile, analyze, and present (both in written and oral form) the results of research studies;
- Maintain electronic laboratory notebook as an up-to-date detailed log of experiments and ongoing research efforts;
- Troubleshoot experimental data and read journal articles relevant to studies
Suitable candidates will possess a B.S. in Biology or Molecular biology and 2+ years of relevant industry experience. Candidates should have a strong desire to learn and grow scientifically. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to effectively work and communicate within a multi-disciplinary team.
- RNA isolation;
- A solid understanding of molecular and cell biology techniques including nucleic acid purification, PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Molecular analysis of RNA, including quantitative real time PCR
- In vivo experience
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization and time management skills
- Capacity to learn new concepts/techniques quickly
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks on several projects simultaneously
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills including basic data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Protein analysis, including ELISA, western blot
- Histology and histologic analysis
- Reporter construct (luciferase) assays
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.