|Title:||Desktop Support Specialist|
|Reports to:||Director, IT|
|Department:||G & A|
|Last Updated:||April, 2017|
miRagen Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company founded to harness the power of microRNA (miRNA) biology. The company combines strong in-house expertise in microRNA biology and chemistry with external partnerships and academic collaborations that leverage best-in-class technologies. Together with its strategic partners, miRagen is focused on the discovery and development of innovative microRNA-based therapeutics in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
The Desktop Support Specialist will be a technical resource providing infrastructure, hardware, and software support. The incumbent will play a vital role in the implementation, development, and maintenance of robust systems needed to achieve our discovery research and clinical development goals. Primary responsibilities include:
- Deploy applications, software, and operating systems
- Perform software maintenance, updates, patches to servers and workstations.
- Provide technical support (software, hardware, and network)
- Provide end-user support
- Update/rebuild/configure workstations, laptops, and desktops
- Understanding of hypervisor and virtualized infrastructure
- Understanding Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 & 2016
- Setup/troubleshoot/configure Microsoft Office 2013 & 2016
- Monitor server health utilizing event logs and other troubleshooting tools
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Update/maintain/monitor antivirus applications for servers and client systems
- Network asset management
- Perform system backup procedures, monitor antivirus clients and WSUS updates
- Liaise with the scientific staff and assist with specialized laboratory software issues
Specific Network Administrator Duties:
- Active Directory Account Creation
- Antivirus Software Management
- Data Backup Monitoring
- Email Creation, Change, and Removal
- Mobile Device Support
- VoIP Support
- Update Management
- Workstation Installation, Maintenance, Upgrades, and Support
- Server Installation, Maintenance, Upgrades and Support
- Email and Messaging Administration
- Group Policy Administration
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent. Experience in the biotech industry preferred but not required.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols.
- Basic SharePoint maintenance experience.
- Research lab experience preferred (but not required)
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com